Art in The Barn
Art in the Barn is a twice yearly creative arts week held in the Spring and Autumn, enabling you to choose from a range of workshops, to develop and explore your artistic skills. Our workshops are held in an inspirational setting beneath the South Downs, at Meon Springs Long Barn in Hampshire
Art in the Barn is a collaboration between artists Alison Butler (Blooming Designs) and Liz Wellby, who met at Loughborough University whilst studying for degrees in Textiles and Sculpture in the late 1980’s.
The Location - a beautiful rural setting in the upper Meon Valley in Hampshire (Meon Springs).
The Venue - an inspirational C18th thatched barn, that lends itself to art workshops. It is spacious, with beautiful exposed beams, excellent natural light and superb views over the South Downs. It is a real treat to retreat from day to day life.
Our Facilitators - are qualified and experienced artists and teachers, who love what they do.
Our Workshops - are suitable for all abilities, be you a beginner or a more experienced artist, allowing you to work together whilst exploring your creativity and developing new skills.
Our Spring workshops include a few old favourites, plus some fresh ideas to choose from.
ART IN THE BARN - March 2022
Following the recent announcements regarding the government's roadmap to ease lockdown in England, we would like to assure you that we will continue to take everyone's safety very seriously and our measures to achieve this will include :
* a spacious and well ventilated venue.
* thorough cleaning ahead of, during and post workshops.
* an individual workspace/table providing a minimum of 2m spacing between participants.
* a set of material/equipment provided for participant.
* communal materials will be laid out in such a way that participants can select them without touching other items, and they will be sanitised before use by others.
* hand washing facilities with paper towels and hand sanitiser readily available.
* 2m spacing signs displayed in the venue.
* doors to be opened regularly to allow for further ventilation.
* drinks made for you in your own cup and wrapped biscuits made available.
* participants to wear face coverings during demos, when 2m distance cannot be maintained or when working 1 to1 with the tutors.
* tutors to wear visors throughout the day.
* participants to provide their details for Track and Trace.
* if weather permits, lunch may be taken outside.
If you would like to be kept informed of future art courses and, from time to time, receive art tips and advice from us, please leave your details below:
Comments from the previous series...
"Great to play and learn in a lovely environment."
"Really enjoyed learning these new artistic techniques."
"Found you on craftcourses.com"
"The day was well structured"
"I liked the variety of techniques that we were introduced to and the fact we could create a final piece at the end."
"Thank you for a wonderful morning. I had not appreciated there was so much to learn."
"The tutor was very patient and informative. I came away with a completed wire sculpture and the confidence to have a go on my own."
"Easy to follow and do, even for a "non-artistic" type."
Why join an Art in The Barn Workshop?
Art in the Barn
We aim to bring people together in an inspirational setting to support and develop their creative skills and abilities.
Encouraging creative skills has long been linked to improving good health and well being and stimulating memory.
On completing one of our workshops you will have acquired a range of new skills and will be able to practice and develop them in your own home.